Here are just a few of the many questions to consider before you hire a fundraising consultant:
- Who are we? Are we clear on our vision and mission?
- What do we do? Why do we do it? (This should be more than a description of programs.)
- Are our revenue streams aligned with our intended impact?
- Do we know how to talk about what we do in a compelling way?
- Is our board ready to work on fundraising?
- Do we have the resources in place to actively fundraise?
In other words, in order to fundraise, you need to first know who you are, what you do, why you do it, be able to talk about it in a clear and compelling manner, and have other people (at least your board) ready to work with you to do it.
Check out these “10 necessary steps” for more things to consider.